Monday, December 1, 2008

"Wemsical Cupcakes"






















Sorry very pic heavy today LOL

I made these today for a little cupcake cooking comp we are running on a forum I visit.........I think they may become my "signature" cupcakes :) I am pretty happy with how they have turned out :)

Lesley sent me down a new piping bag and tip, so the icing is a bit dodgy as this was my first go with it.....should improve with practice I hope

I used lesley's vanilla cupcake recipe

Lesley's Vanilla Cupcakes

150gr butter - room temperature
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 cups SR flour
2 teaspoons lemon juice
dash of vanilla extract (I use 1 vanilla bean)

Pre heat oven to 180 deg

Beat until changed colour OR I do it like this

cream butter and sugar till pale, add eggs 1 at a time (mixing in each one)
add lemon juice and vanilla
add half the flour and milk, mix in, add in the remaining flour and milk mix till pale

Bake
Muffin pans 20 mins
cupcake pans 15 mins
mini pans 10 mins

You don't want them over cooked......just cooked is best (golden not brown )

and her buttercream recipe with a vanilla bean added for vanilla frosting

Lesley's frosting

250gr butter
1kg icing sugar

beat butter until smooth and then add icing sugar (give or take on the amount depends on how sweet you like it) .....beat until smooth and fluffy
You may need to add a few drops of milk if your frosting is a bit stiff.....only add a few drops at a time till you get the desired frosting
This makes enough for about 48 cupcakes but it can be stored in the fridge

Find Lesley's stuff here

I used tiny tots as decoration that I bought from here

Till next time 'Happy Cupcaking'

No comments: