Sunday, May 10, 2009

Tim Tam Cupcakes *DROOL*







Sorry about the crappy photos but just to top a great day off yesterday, my camera didn't want to be my friend :( I am sure you get the idea!!!!!

Ingredients for cake mixture (I got 24 regular size cupcakes)
250g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
125g unsalted butter, room temperature
200g Castor sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used a vanilla bean)
180ml single cream
½ packet Tim Tams (or more/less, to taste)

Ingredients for cream cheese frosting
(I doubled this because I like mine to look pretty and have piped icing)
180g white chocolate, broken into pieces
180g cream cheese, cut into pieces
185g unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into pieces
½ packet Tim Tams (or more/less, to taste)

Method

1. Pre-heat oven to 180°c
2. Mix flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside
3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and single cream and beat until batter is smooth. Fold in crushed Tim Tams
4. Spoon batter into cupcake papers, to about ⅔ full
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool

Cream cheese frosting

1. In a large bowl over simmering water melt white chocolate until smooth and creamy. It should be just warm to the touch
2. Beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add melted chocolate and beat again until smooth
3. Use frosting immediately or it will harden
4. Sprinkle crushed Tim Tams immediately, while frosting is still soft

Recipe from here

Well I made these for playgroup BUT we can't go because I have spewy kids someone is coming to pick them up so everyone will be enjoying them but NOT us :(

I did try one last night and they were yummy.....Next time I think I will use milk chocolate in the topping rather than the white chocolate :) and I think I over bashed the biscuits, should have left them a little bigger.

No comments: