Monday, May 4, 2009

The last of "Cupcake Week"

Here are the Cupcakes I made for Mum's Birthday on Saturday

Peanut butter cupcakes with peanut butter cups topped with Peanut Butter frosting and mini peanut butter cups

OMG I had one and it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much peanut butter BUT Mum loves them they are her all time favourite





Recipe for Sarah

Peanut Butter from The Cupcake Book (Susanna Tee)

225g plain white flour
2tsp baking powder
55g butter, softened
225g soft light brown sugar
115g crunchy peanut butter (I use smooth)
2 eggs
3/4 tsp vanilla extract (I use a vanilla bean)
100ml milk

Pre heat oven to 180c.....Line muffin pans with 14 baking cups. sift together flour and baking powder
Put the butter, brown sugar and peanut butter in a large bowl and whisk for 1-2 minutes until mixed well. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in the vanilla. Using a large metal spoon, fold in the flour mixture and then the milk
Fill each cup with batter (I add half the mixture to the baking cups then put in the peanut butter cups and then finishing filling), bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until golden brown and firm to touch. Leave the cupcakes in the pans for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

FOR THE FROSTING

150g crunchy peanut butter (I use smooth)
55g full-fat soft cream cheese
25g butter softened
225g icing sugar

Beat together the peanut butter, cream cheese and butter until smooth. Sift in the icing sugar and beat until well mixed
When cupcakes are cool, spread the icing on top of each, swirling it gently with a small round-bladed knife
(This makes a dry icing so I normally add less icing sugar and a little milk if needed so I can pipe the icing on)
Then I top with a mini peanut butter cup :)

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Shane would love those too, they look fabulous.

milasmum said...

Do you have a recipe for those Wems?

Wems said...

Yes Sarah will put it up later today for you :)
Remind me if I forget :)

milasmum said...

Oh my! I am so drooling right now! Thank you Wems xx